The objective of the SFOE's Process Engineering research programme is to promote the research and initiation of technologies and measures for reducing the use of resources in energy-intensive processes. These are to be implemented and realised in close collaboration with research and industry, and thus make a significant contribution towards the achievement of objectives of national and European policies for the coming decades relating to energy supply security, reduction of CO2 emissions and industrial innovation.
Switzerland's priorities in the area of process engineering are as follows:
- More efficient heat transfer technologies
- More cost-effective process integration
- Energy efficiency in thermal process technology
- Energy-efficient process technology with low CO2 emissions
- Process energy from waste heat and renewable energy sources