The federal energy research concept defined by the Swiss Federal Energy Research Commission (CORE) for the period from 2008 to 2011 has formulated the following objectives for the EES research programme:
- Modelling: modelling of technological progress, combination of energy system models (bottom up) with economic equilibrium models (top down).
- Individual and social behaviour: economic, social, psychological and political aspects have to be taken into account in the development of new energy policy instruments, and more attention needs to be paid to the rebound effect.
- Innovation: the whole process, from research through to market launch, needs to be analysed and positively influenced.
Research priorities for the period from 2008 to 2011
- Continued development of outlook models
- Methods for verifying the effectiveness of political instruments
- Analysis of the process of transferring research findings to the market