An FPI inspector accompanies these inspections every three years, which primarily focus on the following questions:
- Are there any new buildings or other structures belonging to third parties in the protection zone of the pipeline?
- Have any changes taken place concerning the utilisation of the site which could affect the pipeline in any way?
- Are there any indications of topographical occurrences (e.g. landslides) along the pipeline route?
- Do the route markings still match those specified in the regulations?
- What is the condition of special objects/components such as sections running across roads, tunnels, pipeline bridges, etc.?
Inspections of pipeline routes are concluded with a detailed report.